Easter Tiffin Traybake
This chocolatey no-bake treat is an absolute cinch to make and will bring friends, family and children so much joy. I like to include a couple of handfuls of mini sugared eggs – no need for precise measures here. You can swap these for anything you like: dried fruit, nuts, mini marshmallows, bashed up chocolate bars… Adding a little oil to the marbled, chocolatey topping keeps it nice and soft. If you don’t like the taste of coconut oil, use sunflower oil instead.
For the tiffin:
150g salted butter
1 ½ tbs caster sugar
2 tbs golden syrup
2 tbs cocoa powder
100g dark chocolate, chopped
50g milk chocolate, chopped
300g digestive biscuits
2 handfuls sugar-coated mini chocolate eggs
For the topping:
100g milk chocolate, melted
100g white chocolate, melted
100g dark chocolate, melted
1 ½ tbs coconut oil
Mini sugared eggs, chopped
- Assemble the traybake tin by slotting together the four outer walls and placing them within the base to make a big rectangle. Slot one of the shorter inner dividers into the groove marked ‘8’, to create a square traybake shape. (See picture for size. Further instructions are available on the product packaging.)
- Line the square with baking parchment to prevent the mixture leaking out before it cools.
- Place the butter in the saucepan and heat gently until melted. Add the sugar, syrup and cocoa powder and stir until smooth. Turn off the heat.
- Add the dark and milk chocolate to the pan and still until melted – the heat should be enough to melt the chocolate entirely.
- Place the digestive biscuits in the large mixing bowl and bash them briskly with the end of a rolling pin so that you have variety of small and large pieces.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuits and mix until completely coated. Stir through the mini eggs and scrape the mixture into the traybake tin, levelling with a mini palette knife.
- Place the tin into the fridge to chill until firm – an hour at least.
- While the traybake chills, add ½ a tablespoon of coconut oil to each of the different melted chocolates and stir each until glossy.
- Pour all three types of melted chocolate over the traybake and marble together by swirling with a tapered spatula.
- Scatter the chopped mini eggs and sprinkles over the melted chocolate and return the tin to the fridge to set completely.
- When needed, remove from the tin, peel off the paper, cut into squares and serve!